Sat23Jan2016Carleton Grange, Pontefract,
Haggis, Piper, Fiddler, Speeches, Poetry, Singing...
...oh and some whisky.
Fri11Mar20167:00 pmCarleton Grange, Pontefract, WF8 3RJ
If you happen to be free and fancy grabbing a pint and a tasty piece of pork pie...then come and join us and be transported to another world...not just one presentation, but two:-
7.30pm - Mike Lucas - a highly experienced tour manager with Great Rail Journeys will make a presentation on railway journeys throughout the world... Mike has led on many of them...
8.15pm ish - a presentation about Darjeeling in North-East India and the work of Darjeeling Children's Trust...how we started, our projects and the impact... a vision in the making.
- The presentations will be held in the small ballroom
- Entry is free
- There will be a raffle to raise funds for Darjeeling Children's Trust - main prize - £500.00 vouchers towards a Great Rail Journey of your choice and a pashmina from India
- Both presentations will last for approximately 30 minute
- The pork pie is free...you'll have to buy your own pint!
- Mike will happily explain how to arrange a holiday with Great Rail Journeys
- Plenty opportunity for questions and answers...or catch us in the bar afterwards
- Raffle prizes greatly appreciated
- RSVP....space is limited and I need to know numbers in advance
Fri08Apr201610:00 amSt. Alban’s Church Hall, Bristol BS6 7NU
Major Wangdi spent his career as a Commissioned Officer in the Indian Gurkhas. Now retired, he is the “man on the ground” for Darjeeling Children’s Trust, a Bristol-based charity which supports young people in India.
Come along and hear about his life and charity work while he makes a rare visit to the UK.
Refreshments available (including Darjeeling tea). For more information contact Marilyn at email@example.com or just turn up on the day.
Entry free but donations welcome
Fri15Apr20167pm onwardsGrange St. Paul's Hotel, London, EC4V 5AJ
There isn't long to go now before the big event, and we wanted to let you know what will be up for grabs in both the live and silent auctions on the night:
- A WEEK'S STAY IN A LUXURY APARTMENT IN NARBONNE
- PRIVATE 6 COURSE TASTING MENU FOR 10 BY A MICHELIN TRAINED CHEF (reserve price £500)
- A WEEK’S STAY AT A LARGE FARMHOUSE WITH POOL NEAR THE LOT VALLEY
- VIP VELODROME EXPERIENCE WITH A GB GOLD MEDALIST (reserve price £340)
- AN INDIAN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
- ONE WEEK IN A 4* SWISS SKI APARTMENT OVERLOOKING THE MATTERHORN
- BOLLYWOOD DANCE MASTERCLASS FOR TWO
- BEAUTIFUL BUDDHA OIL PAINTING BY JEAN-MARC HUSS
- A CASE OF COBRA PREMIUM BEER EVERY MONTH FOR A YEAR
- A WEEK’S STAY IN A PEACEFUL CONVERTED BARN IN THE CHARENTE MARITIME REGION OF FRANCE
- UPDATE YOUR INTERIORS WITH THREE ICONIC DESIGNER CHAIRS
- SPEND A DAY BEHIND THE SCENES OF ENDEAVOUR
- LAITHWAITE’S LUXURY DOZEN GIFT SET OF FINE WINES AND CHAMPAGNE
- £1000 WORTH OF VOUCHERS TOWARDS ANY WORLDWIDE GREAT RAIL JOURNEY
- ONE WEEK AT A SELF CATERING APARTMENT IN THE HEART OF TUSCANY
- ONE WEEK AT THE SANTA BARBARA GOLF & OCEAN CLUB IN TENERIFE
- TWO LITHOGRAPHS BY WELL KNOWN SWEDISH ARTIST ULF GREDER
- ‘UNTITLED’ TERRACOTTA SCULPTURE BY PAUL DAY
We will also be holding a tombola loaded with fantastic prizes and goodie bags will be given to each guest at the end of the event.
Fri01Jul2016Pontefract & District Gold Club
DCT's annual golf day. We are looking for 12 teams of four to vie with each other for the privilege of winning the Darjeeling Cup.
DCT treasurer, Robert Adams, will be climbing the three Yorkshire peaks. 24 miles, 5,000 feet of climbing all within 12 hours.
Sun02Oct20166:45 pmKathmandu Restaurant, Bristol
Sun04Dec20164:00 pmRani Restaurant, Finchley, London